Careers at Calysta Energy™
Calysta Energy™, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, is a leader in the development of advanced synthetic biology to create the building blocks of high value chemicals and transportation fuels.
We bring together capabilities in gene synthesis, computational design, and protein and pathway engineering. Join our team and build the future with us. Contact us at email@example.com.
Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
We're looking for a full stack software engineer to work closely with scientists, hack on everything from web interfaces to databases to bioinformatics tools, and help build a robust, scalable system that makes our R&D more efficient. You'll lead the design and development of our laboratory information management system (LIMS) from scratch, to support our fast-growing scientific team and expanding data analysis needs. Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a resume/CV.
- Making architecture design decisions
- Working with Calysta scientists to design and maintain a robust data model and database schema
- Building a backend to handle a variety of biological and analytical data
- Creating web-based user interfaces for scientists to input and interact with lab data
- Interfacing with analytical instruments and writing automated data acquisition scripts
- Evaluating, learning, and integrating new technologies, from the latest web technologies to data visualization tools and next-gen sequencing pipelines
- Passion for solving tough problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Adept at understanding users' needs and mapping them to requirement specifications
- In-depth experience with a high-level programming language (Python, Java, C++, etc.) and an RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Passion for software development best practices; experience with test driven development, Agile and/or iterative release cycles
- At least three years of relevant software development experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- Prior experience developing a product that people use
- Experience in a research lab setting or dealing with scientific data
- Excited about learning applied biology/chemistry from a data perspective - no biology experience required
- Competitive compensation and benefits (health, dental, vision, 4wks vacation, catered lunch, 401k)
- A fast-growing, dynamic startup environment, with lots of opportunity for learning and growth